To apply for Head Start or Early Head Start families must contact the central intake team through Mid-America Head Start via email or phone.
An intake team member will schedule an appointment to complete the application. Because this is a federally funded program that is income-based, families will be asked to bring the following documents:
- Proof of birth or proof of pregnancy for each child.
- Proof of income (e.g. most current tax return, W-2 and/or pay stubs):
- Proof of 12 months of income.
- Proof of child support received for 12 months.
- Proof of SSI of TANF if you are currently receiving either.
- Pell Grants or scholarships information.
- Proof of residency for Jackson County/KCPS School Boundary. Proof of residency can include a utility bill, rental contact or Missouri state property tax receipt with your current address.
Once the application is complete and approved, the Head Start Enrollment Specialist and Family Advocates will work with families to enroll their child(ren) into the program.
Head Start enrollment questions, please call (816) 418-5295.